Funded by the Toyota Foundation, The National Alliance for Partnerships in Equity Education Foundation (NAPE) has developed a system of support for educators and recruiters to increase the participation and retention of females and females of color in STEM and courses in the manufacturing pathway.
Your organization or affiliates partnered with NAPE and you were identified as a person who would benefit from the suite of tools, resources and training courses we are offering through Make the Future.
The suite is informative and enlightening to educators, counselors, administrators, or recruiters. It is designed so you can work through the tools, resources, and courses quickly and in any order. The suite is accessible through NAPE’s learning management system and includes access to the following:
- An introductory course about manufacturing, Introduction to Equity in Preparing Tomorrow’s Manufacturing Workforce, which focuses on the importance of improving equity in our recruiting and our classrooms.
- NAPE’s Advanced Manufacturing Pathways courses on Micromessaging to Reach and Teach Every Student, Nontraditional Student Success, and STEM for Every Student and (each course takes about 60-90 minutes to complete)
- Nine effective strategies to increase participation of girls in your recruiting efforts, promote more engagement at your activities using equitable instructional strategies, and widen the sphere of influence by engaging parents, community organizations and business partners.
- A forum to share resources and discuss your work with other project participants from seven states with Toyota Manufacturing Plants.
- A YouTube channel with curated resources
- Designed recruiting materials to display and access to a Make the Future logo for your materials
- A badging system to recognize participation and provide evidence for continuing education credits (CEU requirements vary by state and district)
As you complete courses and modules, be sure to mark them as complete so that you start earning badges and recognition. Once earned, your badges will be shown in the Activity and Achievements menu areas.
To earn your first badge (Explorer), click the “Mark Complete” button below and you’ll be on your way!