STEM 2.2 Section Learning Objectives
At the end of this section, you should be able to:
- Identify how our world is engineered.
- Recognize that STEM professionals are needed to solve the grand challenges for our world in the 21st century.
- Explain that STEM jobs, skills, and knowledge are increasingly in demand.
- Access a resource that describes the multitude of opportunities available in STEM careers, and be able to use this resource as a tool for educating your students.
- Distinguish the multiple educational pathways available to every student that lead to STEM careers.
- Describe that women, Blacks, Hispanics, American Indians, Alaska Natives, and persons with disabilities are significantly underrepresented in STEM fields.